Before you apply, you will need:
- An email address
- A land claim beneficiary number
- 3 references
- a completed personal writing assignment
- Through the application process, you will need to use an email address in different places. Please use the same email address everywhere.
- If you don't have an email account, you can gree email accounts online such as Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo mail.
- If you use more than one name, please use the same name for your reference letters, account on nunavutsivuniksavut.ca and in your application.
Frequently asked questions
How many students will be selected?
40 students are accepted into the Inuit Studies (1st Year) program, and 12 -16 students are selected into the Advanced Inuit Studies (2nd Year) program. Spaces are limited!
Can I apply if I have a family?
Yes! NS staff will provide assistance with daycare and schooling options for your children. Please note however that NS can only accept applicants whose children will be at least 18 months old on September 1st of each year.
What is the deadline for applying?
You can apply at any time, but it is best to do so before March 30th - that is when we begin reviewing the applications. Those applications received by March 30th will be considered first.
Where do students live?
All students will have the option of living in a new residence opening September 2018. More information about placement within the residence will follow upon acceptance to the program.
Who should I call if I have questions?
Contact NS at 613-244-4937 ext 11
Information about funding
Each Inuit region has a different source of funding for post-secondary students. See the last page of this application form for the information you will need to include in your funding application. If you are a non-Nunavut student, please contact us to discuss the tuition amount you will be required to pay.